Saturday, November 3, 2007

Heckling Hare Attempt #1

This post is one of my "assignments" from John K.'s "$100,000 Animation Drawing Course". If you want to participate in this series of free lessons, go check out the introduction to the course at the Animation Archive blog.

A few weeks ago, John K. posted a lesson in this blog entry on how to draw bugs bunny using solid construction. Below is my attempt:

At first glance, I thought it looked pretty good, but as you can see from the comparison below, it's really quite off. Parts of it actually make me wonder what I was thinking -- his shoulder, for example, looks nothing like the original, even when you look at it without the overlay. I didn't expect the whiskers to look right because I just threw them in without much thought. I'll be giving this another shot in the not-too-distant future.